While relationships bring us happiness and comfort, relationships also take work, effort, and energy. All couples face challenges, difficult decisions and hard moments. How we handle conflict, navigate the ups and downs, and communicate with our partners are essential elements of healthy relationships. Couples counseling helps couples interact in healthier ways and improve communication while increasing connection and intimacy.
Couples counseling will help you and your partner:
- Enrich your relationship and reduce conflict
- Learn valuable skills to increase healthy communication patterns and connections
- Manage merging families and family of origin issues
- Understand roadblocks and barriers influencing relationship satisfaction
- Express emotional needs and practice being vulnerable in a safe environment
- Handle parenting concerns, differences, and issues
- Heal after infidelity and restore broken trust
- Deal with financial struggles and differing values about money and finances
- Improve quality of interactions and set aside time for each other
- Reduce resentment, guilt, shame and anger and negativity in the relationship
- Work through any issues affecting the quality of your relationship
- Identify strengths, weaknesses and problem areas in your relationship
- Build skills and strategies for supportive listening, validation, assertive communication, and honesty about feelings
For more information on what to expect, common issues addressed and other benefits of couples counseling, click here.